Quiz: How well do you know Mumbles?
By Beth Thomas
15th Apr 2021 | Local Features
For this week's newsletter-exclusive, we have about Mumbles. How well do you know our village? Scroll to find the answers below and let us know your score.
- How long has a lighthouse existed on Mumbles Head?
- Which famous poet is said to have frequented The Antelope and The Mermaid?
- When was Oystermotuh Castle founded?
- Which famous singer owns a house on Mumbles Road?
- Which unusual red and green building is Grade II Listed?
- What was the gorilla on Mumbles Pier originally wearing before her red bikini appeared?
- And what is her name?
- Which Gavin and Stacey actress holds pilates classes in Mumbles?
- Where is Mumbles twinned with? (1 point for each place)
- How long has a lifeboat station operated at Mumbles?
- 227 years – since 1794
- Dylan Thomas
- Bonnie Tyler
- The Big Apple kiosk
- Shorts and t-shirt
- Nansi – previously Norman
- Melanie Walters
- Kinsale, Ireland; Hennebont, France; Havre de Grace, Maryland.
- 155 years – since 1866